Slot: Head | Neck | Shoulders | Back | Chest | Wrists | Hands | Waist | Legs | Feet | Fingers | Trinkets | Weapon
Assumptions & Limitations
- The gear planner looks at pieces of gear in isolation, while you need to consider your overall gear. A piece of gear may not be an upgrade alone, but shifting around where you get your hit and expertise from can make a huge difference.
- Hit rating from gear is taken into account for every upgrade - hit rating only contributes to DPS score up to the point that you hit your cap. If you need 10 hit rating to reach your cap and a gear piece has 14 hit rating, then only the first 10 points will contribute to the score. Since 5.0.4, the same applies for expertise rating.
- Different meta-gems are not currently considered
- The gemming models always go for highest DPS - sometimes this means matching the colors, sometimes it doesn't. We always try both models for every gear piece, to check if the socket match bonus outweighs using straight DPS gems.
- If you're a high-level jewelcrafter (either if you imported from armory or you have some Chimera's Eyes equipped) then we will attempt to use 3 Chimera's Eyes across all of your gear. We try putting the best hit-capped/exp-capped and the best non-capped JC gem in each socket to find the highest DPS configuration.
- Extra sockets on belts are always assumed. Extra sockets on gloves/bracers for blacksmiths are used either if you imported from armory with blacksmithing over 400, or if you assigned a gem into a prismatic socket on those items.
- Enchants are taken into account (especially any hit or expertise rating they contribute), but we don't try to suggest different enchants. In the future I'd like to start suggesting enchants, but that will involve trying each enchant with each gem model and is a little intensive.
- Ranged weapons are scored based on their stats, including ranged DPS. This is only an approximation! Use the spreadsheet or femaledwarf.com for a more accurate DPS calculation.
- Set bonuses (changes that either make or break them) are not currently taken into account.
- When suggesting the best gems for a slot, we don't take into account needed colors for meta gem requirements.
About | Updates | Created by Bees of Hyjal. Thoughts, comments, abuse, etc to bees [at] hunterloot.com